Thursday 2 January 2014

Short but sweet

Yo all!
haven't 'blogged' in ages but feeling pretty passionate about my continuing theme today...the great white shark. http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/large-sharks-in-beach-kill-zones-will-be-hunted/story-fnhocxo3-1226779869534 Western Australian authorities are threatening to kill large sharks spotted on popular swimming beaches in the region. There is a large protest tomorrow 4th Jan at Cottesloe beach in Perth see the Facebook page called - A cause for jaws ( couldn't copy the URL for some reason).
It is heartwarming and gives me hope and faith people care for these creatures and see them as a wonder, albeit scary but incredible creatures. Everyone knows you can't mess with mother nature and the delicate balance of ecosystems. I'm not saying that all sharks will be removed but taking out the top predator is going to have consequences. I don't know about you but it would put me off coming to Australia because of this more than the risk of being killed by a shark. My heart goes out to the recent surfer victims of shark attacks in Western Australia but really this reaction is ridiculous. The shark is behaving naturally and doing what it knows, unfortunately with dire consequences for some innocent people and their families. But we do not need to kill them we need to set an example and lead by example. Leave them alone. How can we point the finger at other nations for kill sharks if we do the same. I was attracted to Australia because of the awe inspiring nature in this country so this attitude saddens me and other countries I imagine. Look at some countries fighting tirelessly to save endangered species yet we plan to do what? Anyway ya'all hear me rant over. Get ya selves down there and SOS - save our sharks.
Check out this picky of a whale shark I took in ningaloo reef in Northern Western Asustrali.

No comments:

Post a Comment