Thursday 11 October 2012

Summers a coming yewww.!!


I haven't written a post for so long but had a few things on my mind recently.
First off is the quite saddening news that the department of fisheries is now allowed to kill any shark in Western Australia that is too close to shore that they feel is a threat to the people. This follows a few attacks this year - 5 in total in an effort to make our beaches safer. This does sound like a lot and now WA is considered the most dangerous place in the world for shark attacks however I don't like this news at all for a few reasons;

1. There is no proof that killing a shark too close to shore would have 'saved' anybody. Sharks frequently swim close to shore and people with no problems what so ever.

2. We have a helicopter that flys over during summer and no-one has been attacked during this time period so I think this is working quite well.

3. You swim in the water at your OWN RISK. Sharks territory not OURS.

4. We do not know very much about the mating, breeding and reproduction of great white sharks. We do not know what killing one could do. What if it was a pregnant female? What damage and unbalance could this cause the eco-system.

I don't think the department of fisheries is going to go around killing sharks with wild abandon but I don't like that they are not protected. I think there would be an absolute outcry from the public is one gets shot so hopefully they are under pressure not to do so.



If you are interested in sharks and love the crazy toothed smiley creatures as much as me check out this girl she is awesome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8kEPf94Yvo&feature=watch_response

Also check out my friend Keith Conelly on facebook. He is a ranger is South Africa and takes some of the most incredible wild animal pictures I've ever seen.

Summers coming yewwww...!!!!
Which means a few exciting things coming my way, one of my friends from the UK is coming to see me which I can't wait for think I will do all the usual tourist stuff like Rottnest Island and Margies with him. We are going to go to Melbourne to meet some good friends and see some tennis. I really want to see Rafa play and hope he is recovered from injury. Unfortunately tickets for Rod Laver arena seem to sell out so have to be quick in getting some now, but it is a bit of a lottery as you don't know who is playing which days and times ect as it is a knock out comp but still excited none the less but seeing Rafa would be a dream come true. He is my favorite tennis player because he is spunky and passionate he makes tennis interesting and is just unbelievable to watch.


We are spending half our time in the nunnery hostel in Fitzroy which is basically a nunnery I've heard its really cool so will let you know, and the other half in an awesome apartment we found on airbnb an awesome website in which people rent their homes and is much cheaper than a hotel or hostel for that matter.! This is where we are staying;http://www.nunnery.com.au/ & https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/328158. I will defo update with reviews.!

REVEIWS
Last night went to see the film Mental starring Toni Collette, she is awesome (If you like Muriel's wedding you will like this) and plays an awesome role. Funniest film I've seen in ages and really recommend, I laughed the whole way through.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnQPnXbj-RY
We ate at La Cholita a tapas Mexican place in Northbridge, I had heard terrible reveiws about the service on urbanspoon but they were all really nice when we were there, although we went at a quiet time on a weekday. Cocktails were delicious I had the Mexicana and the food was some of the nicest Mexican I've had in Aussie still not a patch on California and I thought the food good have done with abit more ooomph like salt and chilli perhaps? But was still tasty and fresh none the less.

Last Monday went to Parklife was 35 degrees so we sweated away...among highlights were Robyn - she is such a pocket rocket, if i chose to wear a matching short and crop top floral patterned outfit I would quite simply look like a dick but she just pulls it off and her dancing is i m m e n s e. I loved that she flashed her bra to reveal a non-sexy beige sports bra but didn't give a s**t.! Queen in my eyes. Justice dj set was as always epic and filled with awesome funky know hit eclectic tunes. Another highlight was Plan B they rocked live.
Ben Drew has an awesome and expectantly high voice which he mixes up with rhyme and grimey rap. Originally from a poor council estate in the uk you can tell he means what he sings about  and sang ill manors with contempt and passion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8GvLKTsTuI 

OI I SAID OI......

Until next time.X 


No comments:

Post a Comment